At Law Offices of Michael Steven Sherman, P.C., our team's experience in the scientific, medical, and forensic issues involved in DUI and Homicide by Vehicle cases allow us to provide an unmatched defense when you have the most to lose. We do this by drawing on the experience of Mike Sherman, who literally wrote the premiere textbook on Pennsylvania DUI law.
Mike has over 35 years experience as a courtroom lawyer which includes serving as an attorney with the Pennsylvania State Police attorney for over 8 years, so he knows both sides of the law. This experience, combined with our commitment to critical analysis of each case we see, puts us worlds apart from other firms that offer cookie-cutter approaches and quick guilty pleas. We are honest, down-to-earth sharp shooters in the DUI defense arena who help clients achieve their best possible outcomes.
How do we do it? We combine our extensive knowledge in the scientific, medical, and forensic aspects of DUI and Homicide by Vehicle cases to find compelling, incontrovertible evidence that other lawyers overlook. We can find the needle in the haystack! We use our “no stone unturned” approach to help those accused in DUI and Homicide by Vehicle cases protect their future, families, and livelihoods – and gain peace of mind throughout the legal process.
What do we mean when we say we use a scientific approach to handling DUI and DUI Homicide cases? Unlike theft cases where the police might catch someone with stolen property, there is often no physical evidence in a DUI case. The evidence is usually a forensic test which produces a blood alcohol number. When there is no blood or breath test, the evidence consists of a police officer's opinion. That's it.
To disprove this evidence, we ask questions about the scientific validity of the blood and breath testing process:
- Were the tests conducted properly?
- Was the testing equipment properly calibrated and maintained?
- Were there any existing medical conditions that could have caused a false reading or a higher reading than normal?
Only an attorney with a background in the scientific, forensic, and medical issues involved in DUI cases will be prepared to ask these questions and put forward a complete all out defense. That's what we do at Mike Sherman Law!
If you are facing a serious charge, don't delay. Call former Pennsylvania State Police attorney Mike Sherman right now to set up your free consultation at 412-471-5000.
What is the Mike Sherman Difference?
Mike Sherman has unique experience and knowledge which he uses to protect his clients.
- Mike Sherman is a former attorney for the Pennsylvania State Police. He knows both sides of the law and uses that knowledge to benefit his clients.
- Mike Sherman wrote “the” Pennsylvania textbook on Pennsylvania DUI law, Driving Under the Influence Law and Practice.
- He uses a scientific method to investigate your case. Relying on his deep understanding of forensic science, he picks apart the evidence against you and looks for errors that he can challenge. He then carefully prepares your case with the goal of highlighting these issues and putting you in the best possible position.
If you are facing a serious DUI or Homicide by Vehicle charge, don't delay. Call now to set up your free consultation at 412-471-5000