You got arrested for DUI and there is no evidence that you were drunk!
Did you know that prescription drug DUI's are prosecuted as if you were the drunkest of drunk drivers?
Did you know that if you have drugs in your system, you will be prosecuted and given the highest penalties in DUI cases?
You may feel it is impossible to avoid a DUI conviction. But the law provides you with very important protections. Former Pennsylvania State Police Attorney Mike Sherman will show you how we can help you in your case. It's important to understand:
- Police are trained to see every driver as a suspect. They assume every driver is impaired, and arrest anyone, even those taking doctor prescribed medicine, whether it's for pain, diabetes, anxiety, sleep or even a heart condition.
- More motorists who take lawfully prescribed medications are being stopped and arrested by the police for DUI. Innocent people are being prosecuted for taking prescription medicine as harshly and severely as the drunkest of drunk drivers – absurd, scary, yet ABSOLUTELY TRUE!
- Now, the state wants to prosecute motorists for taking lawfully prescribed marijuana with no proof that the motorist was impaired.
- Pennsylvania has greatly increased its state funding to detect and prosecute drug-related DUI's.
If you've been arrested for a Drug-related DUI in Pennsylvania, you are facing the highest possible DUI penalties! Possible penalties include:
- Losing Your Driver's License – How will you get to work or pick up the kids?)
- Giving Up Your Freedom – 3 days to a maximum of 5 years in jail depending on whether you have prior DUIs. There are even FELONY drug related DUI offenses – a FELONY conviction will make you a convicted Felon!
- Being Fired from Your Job
- Having to get an Ignition Interlock device on your car (“blow and go”)
This is NOT a situation where a “regular” attorney can adequately defend you against your Drug-related DUI charges. This is NOT even a situation where an attorney who only practices DUI defense may be enough to help you. Most attorneys have no idea how to challenge the science and medical aspects behind drug-related DUI's, the blood tests, and the roadside tests. This knowledge may lead to your drug DUI charges being dismissed or reduced. Mike Sherman's knowledge and experience allows him to find the cracks in the government's case against you.
Why don't other lawyers have this knowledge? Because they haven't
- Committed years of study and invested thousands of dollars traveling around the country to attend the best national seminars.
- Gained the courtroom experience or certifications necessary to fight these cases.
Here are some of Mike Sherman's qualifications:
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing Protocols: Mike's certification is the same, and sometimes, is greater than most police officers in Western Pennsylvania.
- Speak to lawyers at continuing legal education seminars all over Pennsylvania about DUI related topics
- Attended ACS Forensic Gas Chromatography School in Chicago, IL: This is the #1 machine used to test for drugs in your blood. Mike knows the machine in-and-out, and he has run countless samples with his own two hands.
- Attended Drug Recognition Expert Overview Course: If you were suspected of being under the influence of prescription or illegal drugs, this is the lengthy testing done at the police station where your pulse was taken, your pupils checked, and other exams performed. Mike has taken the same course that police officers take in order to learn this subject.
Here are some real-life results Mike Sherman has achieved for clients because of his extensive training, education, courtroom experience and a focus on drug related DUI cases:
- Prescription Drugs – Trial – Not Guilty: A police officer claimed our client seemed confused, was unsteady on his feet, and that his speech was “mumbled” after being in an accident. Our client was hospitalized. A blood test revealed the presence of two prescription meds: oxycodone and lorazepam. Charged with driving under the influence of drugs he faced jail time, losing his license, and his job. We hired a medical expert who showed our client's actions were from a brain hemorrhage and that the medications, even when taken together, would not have caused the client to act the way the officer described. The verdict: all charges were dropped.
- Drugs – Marijuana – Trial – Not Guilty: A police officer claimed that our client was driving under the influence of marijuana after he was pulled over for driving without his headlights. We hired a medical expert who showed that due to low levels of inactive marijuana metabolites, the client was not impaired and could not have been acting as the officer claimed. The verdict: not guilty after trial.
- Prescription Drugs – Trial – All Charges Dropped: More motorists who take lawfully prescribed drugs are being stopped by the police and arrested for DUI. Our client was in an accident and charged with driving under the influence of drugs because he had two prescription drugs in his system. The officer claimed that our client's speech was slurred and that he had pinpoint pupils. Facing 90 days in jail and an 18-month license suspension, we hired a medical expert who showed that the prescription meds were within the acceptable therapeutic limits, and that the slurred speech and dilated pupils were most likely after-effects of a concussion. The verdict: all charges were dropped.
Medical Marijuana Cards
If you have a medical marijuana card, there are defenses!
Even if you were using illegal controlled substances, there are defenses!
Mike Sherman has dedicated himself to gaining the scientific and medical background, courtroom experience, and passion needed to fight your drug-related DUI charges and achieve the best possible outcome for you. The fastest, easiest, and most powerful way to fight your drug-related DUI in Pennsylvania is to have a FREE consultation right over the phone. Call PA DUI attorney Mike Sherman at (412) 471-5000.