If you are facing a felony charge in Pennsylvania, it is important that you understand the impact of this charge. Most people focus on the severity of the legal penalties such as long prison sentences, fines, and restitution, but there are a host of other consequences which may impact the rest of your life, such as:
- You can't own or possess a gun
- You can't go hunting
- You can't vote
- You can't travel to Canada and many other foreign countries
- You can't work at a school for 10 years
- You will be terminated from state employment
- You must notify the professional licensing board if you hold a professional license
- Your car insurance will increase or you may be denied coverage all together.
- You may not be able to adopt children
- Depending on the felony, your landlord may be able to evict you
- Your credit score may drop significantly
- A felony will stay on your permanent criminal history forever
The last one is the scariest. Any time a criminal background check is done, your felony will show up. This can impact your life in so many ways. You will be a convicted felon for the rest of your life!
If you are facing a felony charge or have been convicted in the past and want to find out if you can get it off your record, please call now to set up your free consultation at 412-471-5000. Attorney Mike Sherman has over 3 decades of experience and is a former Pennsylvania State Police attorney. He knows both side of the law and he will use his knowledge and experience to fight for you.